CME PROGRAM INFORMATION
Please review carefully the CME information including Program Requirements, Financial Disclosure, AOCR Reimbursent Policies and PowerPoint presentations. We value your participation in the AOCR CME Program and should you have questions about these policies, please contact the Rhonda at (800) 258-2627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty must complete the following forms. Just click on the link & follow the instructions.
1. Disclosure Form
& Lecture Form
3. Travel Reservation Form
4. Objectives and References
The AOCR is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the American Osteopathic Association (AOA.) To assure that this CME activity is of the highest standard for the practice of CME please carefully adhere to the following:
- It is imperative that your CME presentation address treatment options in a scientifically sound and thorough manner. Each presentation should include a meaningful discussion of the various treatment options available, to include the advantages and disadvantages of each. This CME activity is designed to be educational and not promotional.
- Requirement for the use of generic names rather than trade names. The AOCR policy is that when discussing therapeutic options, only generic names should be used, unless there is an overwhelming reason to use a trade name. If it is necessary to use a trade name, then those of several companies must be used. The use of generic names helps contribute to a fair and balanced presentation.
- The requirement to provide off label or investigational disclosure. This is another very important issue. Each faculty member is charged with telling the audience if the FDA has not approved the product for the indication being discussed, or if it is investigational.
- The requirement to disclose financial interest. The AOCR requires disclosure of any affiliations between a presenter and any organization that may have a direct interest or financial involvement (i.e., providing commercial support) in the educational activity. In addition, faculty is required to disclose any financial relationships they may have with the manufacturer of any product or class of products they plan to discuss in an educational activity.
- Please submit a minimum of two objectives and two references for each lecture that you present.
The Accreditation Council for Continuing
Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support require that all
accredited providers must collect commercial interest information from CME
activity faculty for identifying conflicts of interest, and for resolving those
conflicts of interest.
The ACCME defines a commercial
interest as any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing
health care goods or services consumed by, or used on patients. Financial
relationships are those relationships in which the individual benefits by
receiving a salary, royalty, intellectual property rights, consulting fee,
honoraria for promotional speakers’ bureau, ownership interest (e.g., stocks,
stock options or other ownership interest, excluding diversified mutual funds),
or other financial benefit. Financial benefits are usually associated with
roles such as employment, management position, independent contractor
(including contracted research), consulting, speaking and teaching, membership
on advisory committees or review panels, board membership, and other activities
from which remuneration is received or expected. ACCME considers relationships
of the person involved in the CME activity to include financial relationships
of a spouse or partner. The ACCME has not set a minimum dollar amount for
relationships to be significant.
The following is a brief description of
how these rules may affect you as a planner or faculty member for the American
Osteopathic College of Radiology.
- All planners and faculty are required to
complete a Full Disclosure.
- The Full Disclosure form must be
completed by all persons in a position to affect the content of the CME
- Any planner or faculty member who
refuses or fails to submit relationship information will not be permitted to
participate in planning or implementing the activity.
- The AOCR is required to identify and resolve
conflicts of interest held by planners and faculty members.
- All financial relationships disclosed must be shared with the program participants.
- Honorarium – Speaker will receive $250
per lecture hour
- Per Diem – Speaker will receive one (1)
day per diem (hotel room expense plus a $50 food allowance) for each day of
- Reservations: AOCR staff will make airline and hotel
reservations. Airline schedules will be
emailed to speaker for review and upon approval, reservations will be
confirmed. If a speaker elects to book his/her
own airfare, reimbursement will be limited to the amount of the airline ticket
emailed for approval.
- Mileage – Travel from home to the
airport will be reimbursed at the IRS allowable mileage rate. Travel by car to the CME Activity will be
reimbursed at the IRS allowable mileage rate and is not to exceed the cost of
coach air fare.
- Taxi – Reimbursement will be made for
taxi fare from the airport to the hotel and return. If a speaker elects to rent a car, he/she
will be reimbursed at the taxi fare rate.
- Cancellation/Change Fees – Any fees or
charges incurred as a result of changes or cancellation of confirmed
reservation will be the responsibility of the speaker. If a change is required to a confirmed
reservation, AOCR staff should be contacted to make the revisions.
- Other Expenses – Speakers will be
reimbursed airport parking for each day they lecture and reimbursement for airline
baggage fees for one (1) checked bag.
Receipt required. Tips will not
- Voucher Submission – Please submit
vouchers within 30 days from meeting date.
- Syllabus Material: All PowerPoint presentation(s) will be included in the course syllabus and distributed to course participants. Presentations will be saved as pdfs with 6 slides per page to be included in the course syllabus. The deadline for PowerPoint(s) submission is 3 weeks prior to the meeting start date
- To Upload your PowerPoint presentations the AOCR will use Dropbox and you do not have to have a Dropbox account. I will email instructions to upload your presentations just prior to the meeting.
- Copyright Material: Be sure that your presentation(s) does not contain any images, tables, etc., that have copyright protection.
- Video Files: If you have video clips included in your presentation, please make sure that you embed the video files and bring them on a thumb drive to the meeting.
- MAC Users: If you will be using a MAC or program other than PowerPoint, please contact me to discuss.